I’m a bit behind getting this up, but things have been so crazy around here. As I’m sure you all understand. We were so blessed to be able to host a Leap Frog “Learn, Create, & Share” party, from Leap Frog and MomSelect.
My kids were so excited it was so hard to keep them out of the box, until closer to the party date. We decided to do it the same day as Middle Monkey’s Birthday party, since we had all kinds of little kids here. What more of a perfect opportunity!
This party was to introduce the Leap Pad. Which is one of Leap Frog’s newest products. It was designed to help detour children away from mom and dad’s Ipad’s. They tried to make it as similar to what appeals to them from the IPad, but kid friendly. Here is a list of things that the Leap Pad has to offer.
- Designed for Ages 4-9 years old
- Has a Camera it can take up to 30,000 photo’s & Video with up to 120 Mins
- You can choose from over 100 Cartridges games, Apps, Digital Books, Video’s, and Flash Cards.
- Touch Screen
- Adjustable Skill Levels
That makes for lots of hours of fun! My kids have loved using it, and finding the various features. One of their favorite things to do, is make the Story Book of Me. Which allows them to make a book about themselves, imputing photo’s and video’s.
Here are the Technical Spec’s:
• Touch Screen: 5 inches, 480x272 pixel resolution
• Camera: 640x480 resolution capability
• Video Recorder: 320x240 resolution capability
• Input Controls: D-pad, touch screen, embedded microphone, camera, motion sensor
• Connectors: Cartridge slot, AC adapter, audio jack, USB connector
• Battery Requirements: 4 AA batteries (not included)
• Battery Life: Approximately 8+ hours
• On-board Memory: 2 GB
Another product we got to try out was the Tag system. This is a little handheld pen like object, that kids can drag over Tag books, and it will read the words. Helping younger kids to learn how to read. As well as interactive information, games, and activities.
The Tag also has maps that you can use with it. We got the World Interactive Map. Which was an awesome asset to our schoolroom. It has lots of facts, to share. Plus, it has some great games to go along with it. Our favorite one is the timed, find the country game. We like to race each other and see who can get the highest score. So far Monkey Man, is beating us all! Now we can’t wait to get the Us Map. To see how fast we can learn facts, and placement of the states!
What the Leap Frog Tag offers:
- 40+ Interactive Books to choose from
- Winner of 55+ Awards Worldwide
- Easy Audio Download
- No Cartridges to lose
- Builds Confidence
- Builds Independence
- Parents can monitor child’s learning
Tag Product Details:
• Batteries: Requires 2 AAA batteries (Batteries not included).
• Product Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.0 x 1.0 inches
• Package Dimensions: 11.0 x 2.5 x 10.6 inches
• Package Weight: 1.80 lbs
My youngest daughter really loves the books, and finds them to be very entertaining. I have seen her vocab increase since starting to use them.
The kids are the party had a blast playing with these and exploring everything they could do with them. I think that both of these products are great, and can be very useful for any child to increase they’re learning potential.
*We were given these products for free, in exchange for throwing a party, and sharing our experiences by Leap Frog & MomSelect. All opinions are 100% my own, or my monkey’s.