The things our parents say usually never stick in our heads. Well I must say that my dad from the time I was little has always told me “You oil & water your vehicles and they will last forever” …. He was a mechanic. Therefore, I learned a lot about cars. I can change my own oil, but very rarely ever do! I can also take cars apart (not so good at putting them back together) and help change a transmission. Knowing your car is a good thing to learn. Has saved me more times than I can count.
So, when Blogspark gave me the opportunity to try out Jiffy Lube and have my oil changed, I was excited. I could hear my dad nagging in the back of my head. I’m only 2,000 miles past due on changing it after all. I have never used Jiffy Lube, but they were fast, friendly and great to deal with. My car is certainly happy now!
Did you know:
- According to a study by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association, nearly 9 out of 10 female motorists are involved in their household's vehicle maintenance and repair
- According to a national survey that polled 522 women, 46 percent incorrectly assumed simply switching from conventional engine oil to synthetic oil enables the number of miles between oil changes to be safely extended*
- Using a quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy, and help save money by preventing costly engine damage
- Off-brand, no-name or discount oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer´s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle´s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer´s warrant
* Jiffy Lube Survey Conducted by Opinion Research Corporation, 2006
You can find a Jiffy Lube near you here.
Win: A $35 gift card to Jiffy Lube (great for a stocking stuffer)
To Enter: Visit Motor Oil Matters site, and tell me something you learned? (mandatory to enter)
Must leave separate comment for each one to count.
- Follow my blog
- Follow me on twitter (can be found on my right sidebar)
- Tweet about the giveaway (once per day, leave comment each time)
- Write a blog post about my giveaway come back and leave me a link
- Grab my button (worth 3 entries)
Giveaway ends Dec 7th @ 9pm EST
Open to US Residents only.