Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gratitude Post

 

 

Photobucket

 

 

 

Day 13:

Today I am thankful for Family… While we may not always get along, or see eye to eye they are Family. So we see often, some we only see once every 5 years or more.

Today we visited with my sister-in-law and my little niece, and nephew. I don’t see them everyday but am thankful for seeing them a few times a month. I love that I get to watch my niece grow up, and that my kids can be close to their cousins.

I think there is lots to be said for family that grows up together. When I was a kid, we used to have thanksgiving, and Christmas every year at my grandmother’s house. We would all gather around the table, and eat. Catch up on the time we had not seen each other, and us kids would watch movies, or play games, and go outside and go sledding. Not enough families do that anymore. Including us, and that I am sad about. I want my kids to experience those memories like I did. Smile 

Are you close to your family??

No comments: