Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our first Lapbooks.......

As most of you know we are homeschooling this year. Well, as part of our homeschooling, we are trying this new thing called Lapbooking. You take a file folder, fold it, and make activites and info to go on it. Kinda a review of what you have learned about. Since we have had a ton of Thunderstorms lately, Hunter did his first one on Weather.... He loved it. His exact words actually were... "Mom, I love homeschooling its so much fun!" I guess, I got a positive out of that. He was very excited to do this lapbook. We are doing some weeks here and there, so we have extra time to take off when we want. Plus, as most of you also know with Rachel we have to have a pretty constant schedule, to keep things peaceful. As soon as I have some photo's to post, I will have them up. :)
Hunter was not the only one hard at work with his..... The girls, who are also doing school work. Hunter being in 1st grade, Rachel in kindergarten, and Sage is doing Pre-k...... Seems they wanted to be involed with something too.... I decided to do a Lapbook on the letter "A" . Deciding that we are going to do one for each of the letters of the alphabet, and hoping that might make them stick with them alittle better. They have done a great job too.
This new site I have been really enjoying, refered to me by a friend... she has some really cool ideas, and also does this new tot book thing were she cuts a file folder in half to do one for the toddlers.... I might give it a shot with Rachel and Sage.. They are really cute, as she does like a nemo, cars, princess, and so on...but they are better in color, and I don't have a color ink in my printer. So, when my little budget can afford some. I might give one a shot. :) I think they would be fun! http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/ Here is her blog site to check out if you want. :) We are taking this week off for the holiday, but will let you know what we finish next. Hunter wants to do one on Dinosaurs.... (my favorite part about these, are that they include all subjects) The girls will be doing the letter "B".....

No comments: