Sunday, June 22, 2008

Deals of the day!

Besides our fun trip to the Children's Discovery Museum....we went to a few stores in augusta. As you all know with the cost of gas, its best to do everything you need to do in one day. So we decided to make it a nice long day in augusta. (Sadly, I do have to go back in a couple weeks, cause I need to go to Sam's Club to stock up on some stuff) Our first stop after leaving the musuem... was The Christmas Tree Shop. One of my most favorite stores to go too... While wandering around and looking at stuff I found this CLEARANCE rack.... I couldn't resist as I love clearance, and hate to pay full price for anything! It was a rack of curtains that had been on display. Of course this means their was not more than one or two sets of any particular set of curtains. There really wasn't a huge selection, but enough to make me happy! I found this one set of Apple curtains. (cause my kitchen is Gingerbread and apples) I have some already but they don't pop out at me as the right curtains for my kitchen. So, being on clearance if it was the right price I decided to try this set. The price was 1.97... Can you really beat that anywhere else??? Not likely... so I decided to get them. I would just have to find another fabric, maybe a solid to go with them for my other window. I was so excited.... Or atleast I thought I was... until we got the register to pay. I put them up there and she rings them through... Can you guess what they came up as????? Most of you are probably thinking a regular price, as that is what usually happens to us all. Well, in my case, I got them for cheaper, way cheaper! I couldn't believe my eyes, the reciept said..... .19 cents, YES! You are reading that right. Can you believe that??? I was so excited I could have jumped up and down! So there you have it my deal of the day!! We proceeded on to Petco... the kids wanted to look at the animals. Then we went to Target, cause it is nice to go anywhere other than Wal-mart every once and awhile. We found lots of cool stuff we would have loved to have, but it was not what we could afford. However, we did find a Slip'n Slide for the kids, for only 8 bucks... and in their really cool dollar isles, I found me and the kids 4th of July socks.. Yes, I am silly and try to get them some holiday socks whenever I can. :) They like to have them too. I just think it is something fun for them to have and enjoy on the holiday! I think that is all we got there... and by then it was 5:30ish, so we headed home. Deciding to stop off and finishing off our really nice day with a really good sandwich from Big G's!!! The kids got their favorite, peanut butter, honey, banana sandwich! Andy try a new one, the HoJo, which was clam strips, lettuce, tomato, american cheese with tatar sauce.... (he got his on a wrap) and because I am so picky...yes I admit it. I always make my sandwich, a ham, bacon, american cheese, lettuce, tomato...on wheat! We all love there sandwich's as the bread is so soft and good, and the food is wonderful! Prefect end to a prefect day!

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

Wow - that was an amazing deal at the Christmas Tree Shop! I love that store. I try to limit how often I go - not good for the old budget. ;-) Sounds like you had a fun day!