Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Homeschooling Mother’s Journal:

 

 

 

image4_thumb_thumb

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…  we took it easy, spent some quality time with hubby.. Had a couple movie nights, enjoyed some Christmas shopping, did some fun experiments, and just plain relaxed. Which does not happen often around here. (especially for me, I’m not very good at it)

In our homeschool this week…  We were on vacation, so we didn’t do to much. Started a cool Chicken Mummifying project (read more on my school blog) and made an arm.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…  Enjoy your time off when you take it, don’t stress about when you start back, or what you have to get done.

I am inspired by…  Some splendid homeschool mom’s I have met over the last year.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…  This week, we are not really going anywhere. We have scouts, and 4H, that is about it..

My favorite thing this week was…  Spending some good quality time with my family!

What’s working/not working for us…  our new Art curriculum, the kids love it.

Questions/thoughts I have…  Looking for some recommendations for a writing program for my son.

Things I’m working on…  Making the kids new Pj pants for Christmas (shh.. don’t tell them)! Smile 

I’m reading…  6 Rainer Drive by Debbie Macomber, from the Cedar Cove Series.

I’m cooking…  Chicken stuffed with stuffing… asparagus and mashed potatoes.

I’m grateful for…  great people in my life.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share… 

“Do on to others, as you would want others to treat you”… Really trying to instill this in my kids heads!

No comments: