Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1. July is National Ice Cream month...your favorite flavor? Soft served, hand dipped, or frozen yogurt...which do you prefer? And technically yogurt is not ice cream but its hot outside so I'll let that slide for today.

Ice cream is this family’s addiction. We love ice cream! I have one son that has an allergy to milk, so he has his own soy or coconut milk ice cream.

My personal favorite, I have way to many to list.. Here are just a few.. Ben & Jerry’s Brownie DoGooder, Phish Food..

I also really enjoy Caramel overload, Black Raspberry, and Peanut Butter Cup overload. Not a huge fan of frozen yogurt though.

2. When you travel do you tend to pack too much or too little?

The first time I traveled with kids, I went so over board it was nuts! This was of course before the increase in security and the rising costs of bags on airplanes.

After learning my lesson.. I’m now really good about less is more. I pack the necessities, and call it good, since you can always buy something if you REALLY need it.

In our car, I do go a bit over board still though..we travel by car a lot, so I make sure we have lots of books, coloring books, activities, music, books on cd, or dvd’s to keep us entertained. Plus a nice stash of snack food, cause you never know when you will be stuck on in a traffic jam for 2 plus hours!

3. What's your favorite cleaning product?

I would have to say Mr Clean Magic Easers. They really can do wanders.

Other than that, still on the lookout for that amazing cleaning product. Smile 

4. Which is the greater tragedy-an innocent person imprisoned or a guilty person set free? Explain.

I would really have to say both..

I mean could you imagine going to jail for any length of time for something you did not do? To have your family ripped away, faith from people gone, and to have that brand on your back for the rest of your life? Do you really ever walk away from it, even after you get out??

To set a guilty person free.. well that seems to be a growing trend these days doesn’t it? I know, people say you have to have faith in the justice system, blah, blah, blah. But if you can’t put away the guilty, how are we suppose to believe in the justice system. In the most recent case.. Any mom in this country had to be sickened. To watch someone who couldn’t even be bothered to report her daughter missing for 30 days..30 DAYS!!! How does one do that? I know if my kids were missing it would be minutes before I was reporting it. Sorry getting off topic.. What does that say to the rest of the world? Do you think that their won’t be others that try something of the same, cause after watching this trial so closely they will think they can get away with it???!!! It just sets the world up for more bad things to happen in my opinion.. but again that is all it is my opinion.

5. What's the longest trip you've taken by car?

When I drove from FL to ME, and then in a week went back to FL, only to turn around in another week to return to ME. It seemed like the longest month of my life, over 3,000. However, in that time I learned to have more faith in myself. As I thought I could never travel that far by myself with 3 kids, and I did it, with ease even. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was rather proud of myself! Bring on the travel! Lol.. Winking smile

6. tennis-golf-canoeing-biking...pick one.

Only one.. hmmm.. I would have to say biking. However, I am really out of shape for it now, but I used to love it. Would like to get back into someday.

7. What sound drives you crazy?

Any annoying little ones my kids are making when my head is throbbing and ready to explode.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The girls and I are enjoying our week alone.. while the boys are away at Cub Scout Day Camp.

1 comment:

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

I got tired just reading about your travel----Good for you!!!
Magic Erasers are my favorite.