Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tropical Storm Irene

 

 

 

I was one of the lucky ones on the East Coast that got to experience Hurricane Irene. I never thought I’d see the day that a hurricane would hit the western side of Maine. WOW!

Luckily for us, it had pretty much diminished by the time it hit us. On Sunday morning, they downgraded it to a Tropical Storm. My heart and prayers go out with all the people who lost homes, lives, or had severe flooding in other states.

We was lucky it didn’t get to bad here. We had some winds, they say up to 60mph, but I don’t think it was quite that bad… Not exactly sure how much rain we got either, my dad is guessing around 6inches. Therefore, we had a few tree’s down, branches broken, and some flooding…but that was all. Here are a few pictures during Irene…..

The power only went out for us, for about an hour. (we are lucky, cause last I heard lots of people in Maine were still without power) During that time, the kids put puzzles together and stressed we wouldn’t be able to make dinner. Lucky for them, we have a propane stove, so that wasn’t a problem. Yay! We made homemade Mac & Cheese! Yum!

106_5079

Some rain and wind

106_5080

After Irene….

Here are a couple shots I took, of a local river close to flooding.

106_5085

 

106_5091

No comments: