Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

 

 

image6

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…

It has been very busy with appts, surgery, and fun! The week has seemed to fly by though. WOW!

In our homeschool this week…

This was our first week back to school. The kids did really awesome, and we had a good week. Love when things go so smoothly.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week.. we are going to visit with a friend. Maybe see a movie… and go to the local Fair, as we have 4H exhibits in it this year! Smile 

My favorite thing this week was…

My kids doing so well on their school work.. and picking up right were we left off. Really no big complaints this week, and the kids like our curriculum.

What’s working/not working for us…

Our new schedule is working really nicely for us. My kids are absolutely with out a doubt structure orientated.

Questions/thoughts I have…

I really am liking History Odessey combined with Story of the World. My kids are doing really well with it to, and I like how it makes it easier for them to understand. I need to get the book, and the History Pockets now. We are only using the trial first 6 wks, on the website.

Things I’m working on…

Order in my home… This has been an ongoing battle for a few months now. It has to give eventually right???! Things are starting to come together a bit better lately, but still not where I’d like.

Books I’m reading…

Nothing at the moment. I just finished two more Diana Palmer.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

“I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” - Albert Einstein

No comments: