Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ferris Wheels, Dough boys, and more…

 

 

 

That’s right you guessed it, the fair is in town! Being that we are in 4H this year, we were anxious to visit and see how well our group placed on the Educational Display. Plus my mother & I had put in some photo’s to be judged this year, and the suspense was killing me to know if I placed. 

We decided to go the first day.. but I had to wait for my mom to meet me there. Why? We promised each other we would wait until we checked out if we placed. Smile 

Unfortunately, I did not place with any of my photo’s. I was a bit disappointed, but finally did something I had been wanting to do for years. Now, I can start preparing for next year! Lol.. In one of the categories the first place person was a friend of mine, from over at The Berry Patch. She placed first with an amazing picture of a Bald Eagle.

My mom did place 2nd with a painting that she put in though. I am so proud of her, and now she can see that everyone else thinks she is as good as I know she is.

After checking out the exhibit halls, we headed over to meet a friend. The kids checked out the elephants, tigers, and the other animals. Here are a few pictures of the animals we saw.

106_4963

 

106_4973

 

106_4977

 

106_4980

 

Then the kids wanted to see the magic show. It was rather funny, and two of my monkey’s got picked to go up and be the assitant. Smile   They also ended up with a ton of ballon animals and such. It was really cute to watch.

106_4983

 

106_4991

 

After that we got a bit of a scare with Little Monkey’s Eye, so we had to make a trip to the ER. She is ok, and we are sighing a sigh of relief.

On our way home from the hospital we saw the fireworks being put off from the fair. All and all it was a great day out with the family. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

A few days later, we went back to the fair.. to participate in a 4H parade around the horse track. The kids were super exciting for this. Here are a couple pictures from that.

 

106_5032

Little Monkey had to ride in the truck cause of her eye (didn’t want dust in it)

 

106_5056

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

Thanks for the shout-out! ;-) I've really enjoyed having you all in 4H this year!

Sarah said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Love the pictures of the animals. Sorry you ended up having to go to the ER, but glad everything is ok.