Thursday, June 18, 2009

Book Basket:

 

Book Basket

 

This was our first week back on track at the library… It was so nice to get back there, and to have our routine back in order. Here are the books we read this week:

If you give a cat a cupcake by Laura Numeroff: Now this author has a lot of similar books, they are are hit among my children. The girls really thought this book was cute, and funny.

Grandma Lena’s Big Ol’ Turnip by Denla Lewis Hester: Not one of the greatest books we have read, but it was cute. The girls laughed a few times.

Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball bully by Julianne Moore: This was a cute book and shows kids not to be scared about things until you try it. Might not be as scary as you think in the end.  Very cute book for younger girls.

I’m not going to SCHOOL today! by Robbie Harris: A very good book for any child starting school. My girls like this one. My middle daughter enjoyed it most, since she will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.. But it shows that even if you don’t know where everything is, or what is going to happen, its ok to be a bit scared. 

Freckleface Strawberry by Julianne Moore: As you can see there are a couple of these books. My girls like both. I particularly liked this book, cause I have freckles and remember trying some of the stunts she did. It is a very cute book.  Shows that being different can sometimes be ok, and fun! 

Happy Housewife will not be posting these again until July 30th, due to her move. I will continue to post each Thursday just the same..so feel free to stop back by!

No comments: