Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What we have been up to for the last two weeks…

 

 

 

So, I know your all just wandering were we have been the last two weeks.. Well we haven’t been that far away.

Actually we didn’t even leave home.. we just have been buried in the house. We started a construction project, but need to finish the majority of it in two weeks.

The first week, we spent cleaning out the basement. We have a lot of things that have accumulated over the last year, as well as my mom’s extra stuff. The next question was were were we going to put them?

After much maneuvering we figured it out. Then we had to etch, and seal the floor. We could only do a half at a time.. so this was time consuming.

IMAG0326

Then we started in on the rest of the project. We built a new wall with foam (for insulation) and a floor. I learned a lot about construction and tools I have never used before. Some, I don’t care to have to use again.. (i.e. Ram kit)

 

IMAG0339

 

Then we started in on the walls.. Framing went quick after we started. It looks so cool with just the framing of the walls up.

IMAG0347

 

I can’t wait for the rest of it to get done. Its going to look amazing!!

The kids are super excited to finally have their own rooms again, and we will also have a family room, along with our bedroom.

IMAG0348

That is all the pictures I have for now, but will keep you posted as we move along.. Just waiting for the heating, and electric to go in next, then we can start sheet rocking.

The kids have amazing plans for their room schemes, so be sure to stay tuned to see it! I think you might get a kick out of it! Winking smile 

Sorry it took me so long to update.. I didn’t even touch my laptop for two weeks. That was hard for me!

No comments: