Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break

Our spring break was not as exciting as we hoped it to be… it started out with good intentions, but due to my infected tooth, plans petered out quickly. We did go on a Geocache hike which will be posted on here later this week. We also made a trip into the Big city of Tampa…. to go to the dentist. I must say my kids were excellent for being stuck at the dentist for 2 1/2 hrs. All three of them! (I was shocked) Despite my pain, we made a quick stop at the Lakeland Mall on our way back. The kids like to check out the malls around us. (yes, they probably get there love for shopping from me)

At the beginning of your Spring break Hunter and I made a challenge to read 4 books over Spring break. Do your kids like to read? My son loves to read, and I have been blessed many ways because of this…. He has mastered words quickly and picked up reading like nothing, cause we are constantly reading new books. We do not stop at his age level books either… we love the challenge, so we pick books, that we can read together. He reads what he can, and I help him sound things out as needed, and we also take turns reading. With that being said, we wanted to share the stories we read this week.

  • The Spiderwick Chronicles book 1
  • The Spiderwick Chronicles book 2
  • The Spiderwick Chronicles book 3
  • Stage Fright on a Summer Night (book 25),Magic Tree House Series

With that being said I’m going to try to figure out a way to keep the books Hunter and I read this year up on my blog. We would like to see how many books we can read. Chapter books that is… not all our others too. Our we would flood your screen. Did you read any books this past week, or on your spring break?? If so, feel free to share them, we would love to know which books you liked!

Only 8 more weeks of school left for us. Time has flown by so quickly! I can’t believe that the school year is almost over…

1 comment:

Martha said...

I am sorry spring break did not go as planned, but it looks like you made the best of it!
Tara likes to read, but school put such pressure to read, and forced her to read specific books that she does not look at reading as fun. She has picked up Twilight, and big undertaking, and hopefully this, will turn her around. I have always loved reading, but even myself have not made the time in way too long. Today is the day I start!