Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

 

 

image4

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…  it has been a LONG week. It started out well, and went downhill, rather quickly. My son got sick, out of the blue on Wednesday, and my little monkey has been sick all week. Then by Thursday I had caught her dreaded cold. Sad smile Yup, its that season again!

 

In our homeschool this week…  We had a very productive week. We got our work done at home, and then we had a field trip… Despite being sick, we finished the week with no big drama.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Little containers work fabulous to help contain, and organize! Smile 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…  This next week we are going to be having a play date with a friend.. Were suppose to go on a Field trip Monday, but we are canceling cause of me not feeling well. Then Friday we are going on another field trip. Smile Busy, busy!

My favorite thing this week was…  Our field trip to the local State Museum… My kids loved touch, and looking at all the bugs. You can read more here.

What’s working/not working for us…  Peoples negative thoughts.. We are still fairly new to homeschooling, but it is frustrating when our family doesn’t think we have made the right choice.. or grills my kids to see what and if they are learning to their specifications.

Questions/thoughts I have… What kinds of field trips to do you go on… any that you just really love to do each year?

Things I’m working on…  Our schedule for the next 8 wks… We are excited for our 2 wk break starting next week. Smile 

I’m reading…  Just finished a Debbie MaComber Book.

I’m cooking…  Nothing tonight… we have leftovers from a big cookout on Saturday. So we are eating those! Smile

I’m grateful for…  A supportive group of friends I have come to know over the last year. Smile I really enjoy that we are finding our niche, and sharing our lives with such amazing families!


I’m praying for…  For relief from this cold, and that it does not go around our house for a month or more..


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Monkey Man holding a Millipede

106_5260

No comments: