Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Homeschool Mothers Journal:

 

 

 

image4

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…   It was crazy as usually, trying to get a few things done, and ready before the start of all our extra curricular activities. Trying to keep up with the produce in the garden, canning stuff, and preparing before we start canning apples. Smile  

In our homeschool this week… It was a busy week… Things went much better this week though. We finished our 6th week, and are preparing to start our 7th! Time has flown!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

We find keeping a schedule helps a lot in our house. Things go much smoother, and we don’t have as many disruptions.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… This week we are starting back up with our Girl Scout Troop. We are going to go on another field trip to the State Museum for a “BugMaina” event. Going to bake a bunch of stuff for a bake sale we are helping with to raise money for an old schoolmate of mine. She has cancer (after beating it in high school) and is also a single mom to two Autistic Children. We are very happy to help with this event. Plus my mom’s church is having people come help finish our shingles on the house, and bring in the rest of the wood (so we are baking goodies for them to eat while they work)

My favorite thing this week was… Our family field trip to the Museum… we had so much fun. It was nice to have a day with the family… (we really haven’t done that much this summer)

What’s working/not working for us… Our schedule seems to be working really nicely for us.. and we can even work in field trips without to much of an issue. Smile 

Questions/thoughts I have…  How is everyone else’s year going so far?? Do you take a very long break around the holidays?

Things I’m working on…  Lesson plans for the next 8 weeks… adding some new subjects. (we are very excited about one of them)

I’m reading… Not much the last few days, I have been very busy with stuff around the house.

I’m cooking…  Tonight is my Chicken Stew.. (YUM)

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

A picture I took on our Hike yesterday…

106_5190

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You must be in Maine! Me too! LOL I found your blog through The Homeschool Mother's Journal!

No Bug Maine-ia for us this year. :( We have TOO much going on that day - soccer x 2 and 4H. I would be zonked by the end of the afternoon! LOL

Victoria said...

Schedules work great for us, too!!

I thought we were doing good here in our 5th week of school - you are already in your 7th? Wow!!!

We don't take a huge chunk of time off other than summer. Even Christmas - maybe 6 school days? I'm not sure....

The Bertone's said...

Another person in MAINE!!! YAY... maybe someday we will meet. :)


Yes, we only took a month off for summer. My kids don't do well without structure. (they were at camp and had stuff going on for that month)
We don't take much time off over holiday's either... :)
Thanks for stopping by!