Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

 

 

 

 

 

1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?

Be Humble Day?? Really???! Is there a day that isn’t a national holiday?

I would have to say that my kids make me proud. (most of the time)

As far as keeping me humble, I would have to say my kids again.

2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?

We have a few of those. One is our school room table, and another is the sideboard in the kitchen. Crazy catch all! Drives me nutty! I clean it off all the time!

3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?

We love our State Parks, matter of fact.. I just ordered a State Park Pass a few weeks ago for this year. We love the outdoors. I would have to say our favorite here would be hmmm… Baxter or Acadia. Not sure which.


4. How would you define honor?

Someone, who is honest and fair. Willing to admit mistakes, and learn from them. Doing their best everyday, even when it isn’t going to be easy. Making themselves proud, and everyone around them.

5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?

I like them both, but I guess if I had to choose between them… I would have to say Angel’s food… You?


6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?

Our last road trip was to Portland, when we went to see Disney On Ice. It takes us about Hour and a half to get there. Depends on the situation, but I usually like to break it up a bit.. unless I’m tried, then I want to get there and not stop.

My car snack? I would have to say trail mix. Smile 

 


7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story

here. Your thoughts?

I think that is absolutely INSANE!!!

First what is the world coming to, if we can’t even pack our kids lunch without it being inspected.

Secondly, these so called Health people that keep deeming school lunch healthy need their dang heads examined. Most school lunches are no where near healthy!!!!

Thirdly, just another reason, you won’t find my kid in a school.

and lastly! This really blows my mind. I know kids are over weight, but it really doesn’t solely come down to school lunch, if your that concerned.. figure out a way to make fresh fruit and vegetables available to families, and to make them AFORDABLE, so they don’t gravitate to the junk, that you pay less for.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Today we threw a party for my Little Monkey who turned 7 this past week. She is growing up to fast, and I’m so sad she is my last baby… Watching them grow is amazing, but sad as well. I’m not ready for them to grow up so fast!

Here she is with her cake….

 

IMAG0235

3 comments:

Tami said...

A few bloggers mentioned Acadia. We were there two years ago. It is so beautiful!!

And yes, kids grow up way to fast. My baby is almost 15. ;-(

Mitchypoo said...

Cruising Wednesday Hodgepodge's, you had great answers and I'm with you, I like Angel Food cake.

Joyce said...

I fell in love with Acadia when we were there. The weather was perfect too which helped a lot : ) Wishing we had lobster rolls on the menu tonite. Sigh.