Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

 

 

image4_thumb

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…

I have been sick… Finally caught the kids cold, after everyone else was over it. (always the way isn’t it?)

In between that.. I spent most of the week trying to fix my car.

Replaced a door handle … See below to see how fun that was.

IMAG0205

 

IMAG0206

Then I helped my dad replace a steering rack and pinion.

New tire, and alignment and we were good to go for another year.. Why does it seem like vehicles, while nice are such a hassle?

In our homeschool this week…

We are on vacation still, should be starting up after this upcoming week.

However, we have been working on our Postcard Swap. We have gotten 24 postcards so far…

IMAG0217

We finally got ours in the mail… got them addressed, so hopefully I can get to the post office and get stamps tomorrow and mail them.

IMAG0222

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Sometimes joining some cool swaps, are fun, and had some cool factors to our schooling.

This one cost a little bit of money (ordering the cards, and postage) but it will be worth it for the smiles and cool things we learn!


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This next week we are going to be extremely busy with lots to do..

We have scouts….

visiting with friends...

Little Monkey’s Birthday Party….

Doctor appt, and another visit….

and a play date…

My favorite thing this week was…

A lunch date with one of my best friends, and my Pampered Chef Party… We had a blast!

What’s working/not working for us…

Trying to find this next years curriculum. I can’t seem to find any good deals, and funds are low. I’m not giving up though.

Questions/thoughts I have…

Do you do science once a week, twice a week or more? I’m curious.

Things I’m working on…

Getting our next 8.. opps I mean 10 wks of curriculum together. We only had 2 more weeks after our regular 8 weeks to finish off the year, and so I am just going to tack them on, and then start our next year after a little break.

I’m reading…

Nothing at the moment, working on trying to find a new series to read.

I’m cooking…

Tonight is left over corn chowder, and grilled cheese for dinner. Scout night, so we are in a hurry.

I’m grateful for…

All the wonderful friends I have that help me, encourage me, and keep me going.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

My picture I’m sharing today, is Little Monkey with her birthday pie, on her birthday!

IMAG0210

No comments: