Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

 

 

image4_thumb[1]

 

 

 

In my life this week…

This week has been long, but good. We enjoyed friends, family, and lots of fun!

We finally had a snowstorm that produced snow .. (kids were excited, me not so much)

Made lots of homemade bread..

Relaxed a few times..

and prepped for us to get back to the grind.

In our homeschool this week…

We were still on break…

however, we learned about animals while reading the National Geographic Kids

we had fun, on our last few days of vacation…

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Work with curriculum that works for you… cause if it doesn’t fit your style or your child’s style.. There are going to be lots of tears, and not so much fun.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week we are back to the grind, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun right?? After all we do Homeschool! Smile 

4H, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Library, play dates with friends…

Plus whatever surprises get thrown in there!

My favorite thing this week was…

The look on my daughter’s face when she opened one of her presents. Pure joy, and surprise! Love it!

What’s working/not working for us…

Saxon Math is working nicely for us… so I think despite my thoughts, to pull my girls from it, I’m going to keep going with it. Just wish I could find Saxon 3 for a bit cheaper. (Being frugal, I will not give up easily)

Questions/thoughts I have…

I can’t believe we are so close to the end of this year. Is it me or has it just seemed to fly by? I mean, WOW! We only have 10 more weeks left, and this year is over. We have our struggles, but this year went far easier than last. I think, (gasp) I might be finally getting the hang of this!

Things I’m working on…

We didn’t redo the school room like I was hoping. After our summer break. We needed to address the clutter in the basement first, so we could seal it, and prep for new walls to be built. (I’m not a patient person, so all this waiting is going to kill me) Anyhow, so we rearranged instead. I will take some photo’s and post them later this week….

I’m reading…

At the moment nothing, and it is not making me very happy. We haven’t had any time to make it to the library, so I have been trying to figure out what I want to read. I finally just placed an order online to our Books by Mail Library. I can’t wait for them to arrive.

I’m cooking…

Omelets, for dinner.. I know, I know, strange, but we had a very large quantity of eggs, taking up a very HUGE amount of space in my fridge. Roughly 14 dozen eggs! Yes, it was time to use some up.. so we settled on Omelets, and finished off a dozen. (sad I know)

I’m grateful for…

My children.. My son spent the night at his Aunt’s house recently… and I missed him like crazy. How nuts is that? I just can’t even imagine what my life would be like without them. I have made many decision because of them, but my life would not be nearly as great as it is without them. They make it what it is!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Little Monkey’s Birthday cake, incase you didn’t see it on my Facebook page. Super cute!

IMAG0224

No comments: