Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal:

 

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…

We have been super busy…

We went to the coast…

DSC_0006

 

DSC_0077

 

DSC_0092

 

Had a day of playground fun, picnic in the park, and the movies…

 

Piano Lessons..

A day at the beach with friends…

 DSC_0003

 

DSC_0008

 

DSC_0015

 

and just lounging around having fun!

 

 

In our homeschool this week…

We started our next 6 wk session… The first week went really well, and we had some enjoyable lessons..

We worked on our usual studies, and this week they had Piano Lessons!

Next week we are starting on the second book of Story of the World, that we are all very excited about! We love that program!

Want to see more? Check out our Homeschool blog here.

 

 

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Put together a good amount of lessons at a time.. I do mine in 6 wk spreads. Makes for a less hectic, more productive time.

 

I am inspired by…

Lots of people around me!

 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This upcoming week we are going to be taking it easy (well as easy as I take it) since we start Cub Scout Camp for 2 weeks the following week. 

We will go to Piano, the Library, maybe the movies, and 4H.

 

My favorite thing this week was…

Going to the coast with my family.. it has been awhile since we did that. Such a great time!

 

What’s working/not working for us…

This hot weather, is making us cranky!!

 

Questions/thoughts I have…

What is everyone else been up to this summer? Any special trips?!

 

Things I’m working on…

Prepping for my Girl Scout Awards BBQ this weekend. I have been a bit behind in getting ready for that!

 

I’m reading…

The 16th book in the Janet Evanovich Series “One for the Money”

 

I’m cooking…

A green bean, summer squash, zucchini, feta salad, chicken, and red potatoes sautéed in butter and garlic! YUM!

 

I’m grateful for…

All the wonderful things we have had time to do this summer.. We have made so many wonderful memories!

 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Almost time for more yummy fruit!

 

DSC_0059

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, tell me more about SOTW! I've got it on my curriculum list for my 2 youngest next year. But I'm torn between SOTW and Child's History of the World. I want something "relaxed" that I can read to the kids like a story/book...and maybe add in some activities and videos if we hit on something they want more information on. Nothing too formal as other subjects will be be structured and focused and challenging.

I'll be planning lessons 7 weeks at a time next year. I'm liking it! We'll have 7 weeks on and 1 week off (except for one spring session that will be 6 weeks.) Although I have ROUGH IDEAS for all the sessions, I've been focusing on just the first.