1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-
amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen.
Not really sure, that any of these really drive me that crazy.. The new normal I guess would be the one I wouldn’t mind seen banished, but other than that, really they are all words I don’t ever really hear that often. What about you?
2. Are you easily embarrassed?
No not really… I try not to let things bother me. (most of the time easier said than done)
I think the things that embarrass me easily are like my kids doing something rude, annoying or just plain embarrassing just because of the typical stereotype we already have to overcome just from being homeschooled.
3. What is your go-to snack?
Ritz Crackers, or Strawberries if they are in the house.
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?
I have been a long time ago, like when I was 16ish..
I would love to take my kids there, and it is on our plans for the next year or so.
My son is dying to go to all the Smithsonian Museums, and I would love to take them to the zoo there. I have been there and it is AMAZING.
There is so much history, and sites to see we could have a blast. I love that we homeschool so it is an option to take them for a week, and call if school!
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least?
The least??? Lunges, I would say..
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten?
Recently, well like 4 months or so ago now.. The kids and I were in a Mc Donalds waiting for the local museum to open, cause we had brought my husband to work for 7am. We were doing school, and I had bought them a drink and a hash brown, cause we had already eaten at home. Well a lady decided to buy us all a breakfast sandwich, and had the cashier bring it over to us. I was sad she didn’t give us the opportunity to thank her, but am appreciative that there are still wonderful people in the world.
7. Have you ever been a blood donor?
No I am anemic, so I don’t. Plus I have a fear of needles…. My mom though goes all the time, whenever they are in our area.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is snowing tomorrow, and the kids are so excited that we are getting the first real snow fall of the season. (sadly it is suppose to turn to rain that night / Friday morning) So therefore not so sure how long it will last.