Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May is Foster Care Month

 

Did you know that??

As long as I can remember, I have always wanted to Adopt or be a Foster Parent. I used to tell my mom that I wanted 6 kids of my own, and adopt 6. She would laugh at me of course… cause that is a lot of kids!

After having my 3, and having to many difficulties with my pregnancies, I was not able to have the 6. I was sad, but embraced the 3 I had… and thanked god for letting me have those.

Over the years, I have looked into Adopting some kids, but unfortunately at this point in our lives we can not do this. Still I like to find ways to help kids even if I can’t take them into my house.

Each May is for shining the light on Foster Care. To raise awareness for the cause, and urgent needs of these kids. Would you like to get involved??

Ways to help:

Go to National Foster Care Month website

Or you can:

Help spread the word about Foster Care! Lets help these children. I know this will always be a cause that I am passionate about! 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to say that I wanted 6 too when I was young...but I am happy with the 4 that I have have. have a great week!