Thursday, September 24, 2009

Harry Connick Jr Album Review:

 

Harry Connick Jr

This handsome guy has been playing music since he was 3! The first time he played publicly was at the age of 6… He has several multi-platinum and gold albums. As well as having won a Grammy, Tony, Emmy Awards. Along with nominations for Oscar and Golden Globe.

Harry Connick Jr, has many talents, he is a singer, actor, composer, painist, philanthropist, husband and father. He has been married to model Jill Goodacre for 15 yrs. They have 3 beautiful daughters ranging in ages from 7-13. Harry belief is “family comes first”….how can you not love that???

Harry Connick Jr, has played in several movies, but the two that stand out in my mind the most is a recent film, P.S. I love you. Where he played a bartender. The other being Independence Day! To see more films that Harry has been in go HERE.

Harry Connick Jr Album Cover

Harry Connick Jr newest album is called “Your Songs” where he performs classic songs with some of the greatest musicians of all time, with a full jazz band and string orchestra! His album will be out September 22nd!!! Here is a look at the songs you can look forward too.

Check out the track list (Originally performed by):

  1. All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
  2. Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
  3. Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
  4. And I Love Her (The Beatles)
  5. (They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
  6. Besame Mucho
  7. The Way You Look Tonight
  8. First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
  9. Your Song (Elton John)
  10. Some Enchanted Evening
    And I Love You So (Don McLean
  11. Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
  12. Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
  13. Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)

I was very excited to be asked to be part of this review. It has a great list of songs, and the singer is just amazing!!! My favorite song was “And I love her”. This Cd is wonderful, and relaxing. Prefect for when you just need to sit and relax without kids screaming, or cars honking. I listen to it on my way to the grocery store, or to pick up the kids now. My kids even like it… not exactly what they are used to, but I caught my son singing along yesterday.

You can order your album from Here or look for it in your local stores on September 22nd!

Look for Harry to appear on some of your favorite  shows as well… Here is his schedule for his album kick off!

9/25- Oprah “Live Friday”
9/28- Today Show
9/29- The View
9/30- Imus in the Morning
9/30- Letterman
10/1- Today Show
Week of 10/5- Rachel Ray

Here are some websites learn more:

Harry’s Website
Behind the Scene’s Making of the Album
Facebook

I would like to thank One2One Network for this review.

 

No comments: