Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September is also……….

National Women’s Friendship Month! Did you know that? I didn’t until recently when I stumbled across a blog post by Girlfriendology! I found it inspiring!

I don’t know about you but without the support of my Women friends, how would I get through the day, week, month, or even year. Since moving further away from my Best Friends, I’ve had a difficult time. I mean lets face it, no matter how hard we try to call, text, write, or even get together we can’t always pull it off! I feel guilty sometimes about this, but all and all… a GOOD FRIEND always knows your thinking about them, or that you are there in your time of need… or even theirs!

Did you know that in 1999, National Women's Friendship Day was founded by Kappa Delta National Sorority, which is based in Memphis.

Here are some things that I like to do for my friends:

  • Write a letter, poem, or even a short note to say hi.. I always buy blank cards on clearance for this reason!
  • Get together for lunch
  • Plan a night out with your girl friends to catch a movie, or something you all enjoy!
  • Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while, and have a nice conversation to just catch up!
  • Send a care package with some goodies in it… just say “Hey I’m thinking of you” . With a book, jewelry, candle, or something that would mean something to both of you!
  • Have a Scrapbook night with all your gal pals! Or even send a Scrapbook to one of your friends!

Only you know your Women friends the best, so do something that would be fun for both of you. Be sure to tell all your Women Friends how much they mean to you this month.

What is something that you and your BFF love to do together?

No comments: