Friday, September 11, 2009

Grandparents day:

is upon us… That’s right this Sunday (September 13th) is Grandparents day! Are you ready to tell your grandparents how much they mean to you?

I’m sad to think that I will not be close to my Grandmother’s this year… as they are way up north in Maine. However, I do try to send them a very special card every year telling them how much they mean to me.

I miss the times when I was a child and we always had our weekly Saturday get together at my Grandparents house with Homemade beans and brown bread! It was nice to have all the family together, and see how their week went.

I feel bad that my kids miss out on that special time with one of their grandparents too. We do call often, and mail them letters as much as we can. They love to make cards, coloring pages, and lots of homemade crafts for them. They will for the first time get to spend a Grandparents day with my husband’s parents. This is exciting for them as well.

What are you doing special for your Grandparents? Do you have special traditions with them?

If you are looking for ideas for gifts or cards stop on by Grandparent.com…. they have some fantastic ones!

Momselect and grandparents.com will be hosting an online twitter party On Thursday, September 1th from 8-9 EST at #grandparents, well be swapping stories, sharing ideas and even giving away great prizes that would make perfect Grandparent's Day gifts! Moms, Dad, Grandmas, Grandpas and Grandkids are all welcome!

No comments: