Reflection Questions for 2008
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? Moving, I know that sounds crazy... but it helped our family become closer.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? My relationship with my husband
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Don't think I really had an unexpected one
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Andy finding a new job after graduating college
5. Pick three words to describe 2008. Interesting, Challenging, Memorable
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2008 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). Hard, Long, Ok
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2008 (again, without asking). Different, Hard, Memorable
8. What were the best books you read this year? The Twillight series, The Tale of Despereaux
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? My friends, and family, and most of all my kids!
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Staying sane, and figuring out what I want in life....
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? Learning to let some of the small stuff go
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? Learning to trust that things happen for a reason, and we can't change what is meant to be
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? All of the above
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? Learning to let people grow, trusting in people (still working on this) and letting others help me, even if I don't think I need it.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? Organizing
16. What was your most challenging area of home management? Debt!
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Blog reading! But it is really the only thing I do for ME!
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Spending time with my Kids
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? Life has many obstacles, you just have to be strong enough to make the choices that might be best for you, even if they will hurt you. Letting go of being near my family has been the hardest thing for me to do, and many still think that will overcome me, and we will move back to Maine... I'd like to say they are right, so we will be close to family again, but I can't. Moving to Florida may have been a big leap of faith, but it has so far proved to be one of the single most best decisions we have made for our family. It has proved to bring us all closer, we enjoy each other now. I know why would a location change all that, I still wander that to this day, but its not just the location. Many other things here have contributed to it, its the trickle down effect of decisions. Everything really does connect in one way or another at some point. Sometimes I think we all forget that.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2008 for you. Interesting, challenging, and memorable all rolled in one! The worst, yet the best if that is possible?