Sunday, August 16, 2009

Do you have a method

 

for Christmas shopping? Do you wait until a month before? Do you have a Christmas Club? Do you just set so much money aside for a few months? What is your method?

Due to our bad economy right now, I’m sure there are lots of you dreading Christmas shopping…. I know, I am. We don’t really have a method per say. We try to set money aside most years, but something always comes up, or something. We would like to do a Christmas club again, but haven’t found one yet down here… that is our mission after Christmas. I’m not huge on paying full price for anything anyway…so Christmas is usually a scavenger hunt for me.

However, I like to put money away for those moments when you find that really good deal, so you don’t have to feel guilty about spending money that was meant for something else. Like this past week, I hit a great clearance sale at our Local Target (I just happened to be in the right place at the right time) They had marked most toy clearance down to 75% off. Here is a peek at what I got!!

Christmas presents

I know, you can’t really see anything… They are hiding in my closet! There is three big bags of toys there….. I managed to find one big set of Lego’s (a lady had come in to buy up the rest of them) When I say big set I mean the ones that go for $100. Plus a smaller set, some animals to go with there farm and jungle themed sets we got them, wooden fake food for the girls to play with, a couple Mickey race cars for Sage, and a Hannah Montana Barbie accessory for Rachel. Plus I had bought a few other things a while back at Toy’s R us, so they are almost done for toys, now just need to get them some books, and a couple outfits and we are done for Christmas.

This also works nicely for me, as I buy things when I get a really good price and stick them aside for Birthdays as well. Never know when you are going to have that Birthday invitation come home from school, and no time to run to the store!

I’d love to hear what works well for you?

No comments: