Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

 

image4_thumb

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…

This week we have been pretty busy…

Monday I unloaded 1200 cases of cookies…

Tuesday & Wednesday I was sick…

Thursday, I finally gave in and went to the ER, I had bronchitis (Blah) ….

Friday we had our weekly History/Science Class with friends, and visited my SIL….

Saturday was the Pinewood Derby for Monkey Man, which I posted about..

 

In our homeschool this week…

In our schoolroom we have been busy puttering around. We have been doing really good keeping up with our normal studies..

Having fun with Math, Spelling, Grammar, and History..

Then we have been having fun with geography (along with our postcard swap)

Science .. we have been meeting up with friends and doing weekly studies.

If you would like to hear more about what we are learning, come by our school blog… HERE.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Tips to share… Hmmm… Embrace the time you have with your kids. I find even when I’m in the schoolroom learning and making learning fun with them, it makes for such a better day. If they sense you being tense and stressing it makes for such a longer day.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week, we have Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Doc appt, Play Date, Library, (maybe the playground, its suppose to be in the 50’s!!), and science class.

My favorite thing this week was…

Oh, that is a hard one.. I think it is a toss up with science class with friends, and the Pinewood Derby. Monkey Man did so good, and was so excited!

What’s working/not working for us…

Our schedule is not working for us lately.. I need to tweak it bit. Hubby’s schedule is throwing us off, but we are doing pretty well just going with it. Can’t wait for the weather to get better!

Questions/thoughts I have…

I’m super bummed, just realized the day of our big curriculum sale here, is the same day I have plans for something else I need to be at. Stinks that I can’t clone myself to be in two places. LOL

Things I’m working on…

Putting together some really fun hiking trips with the kids this spring/summer. I really want to get outside more this year and enjoy the weather. I would also like to do them with a few friends, so we have more fun.

 

I’m reading…

I started a new series by Sheryl Woods and am really enjoying her.

I’m cooking…

Tonight we are having Homemade Pizza.. YUM!!

I’m grateful for…

Friends, that like to teach together.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Still can’t believe my baby is 7!!

IMAG0277

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your tip of the week is so very true! Thanks for reminding me. We are getting ready to make a major move to another state, and while school is going ok, I get more tense as the time gets closer, and the more tense I am, the more short tempered I get when things don't go well in school. I need to take a deep breath and relax so things keep moving forward. Thanks again!
Linda
Using Hang Mouse, word search puzzles, and any other games I can find to keep learning fun and stay one step ahead of my homeschooler!