Saturday, March 10, 2012

On your mark, get set, GO!!!

 

 

Where are we racing off too?? Pinewood Derby of course!

Yup, its that time of year again… Monkey Man, has been working on his car. Not as well as I think he should have been (got his dad’s procrastination).

I love this time of year, cause he just amazes with what he comes up with for design. One year it was a pirate ship, another year he did a car… Last year he wanted a crocodile, but we couldn’t get it to work right… and this year. He came up with a sword. Not any old sword, a Greek sword.


Here it is in the process of being painted…

IMAG0274

 

The funny thing was, he was like I don’t need weights on my car. When we asked why, he says, cause I don’t care if it races well, I’m only going for design. We convinced him he should at least try to race… so we put weights on.

The big day arrived today… and after we got weighed in and everything we sat and waited for the racing to begin.

First all the boys went up and voted on best of show. That was killer waiting til the very end to know how everyone voted. He was on pins and needles, and so was I. Winking smile 

 

IMAG0279

Then let the racing begin. He was second up, and he put his car up their with no care in the world.. Watched it go down, and low and behold he won the race! This happens 3 more times! He is just amazed! He says to me, mom, I don’t know how this happened, all I wanted to do was win design, but I am actually WINNING! It was hilarious!

He was first up in the first round of finals.. he didn’t win, but was happy to make it there. We figured it out, that he came in 5th overall.. (which out of 28 boys isn’t shabby) I am very proud of him!

Next up came the announcement of winners, the part we had all been waiting for. Did he get design?? The pressure was on… And he did it! He won Best of Show for the Weeblo Den!!! Way to go Monkey Man!

I’m very proud of him..

 

IMAG0278

 

He had a great time, and so did we. Another great year… and great accomplishments!

 

Here is to next year! I’m sure he is starting to think of a new design already… I’m anxious to see what it is.

No comments: