Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal:

 

 

 

image4_thumb

 

 

 

 

In my life this week… 

Wow, this week has been like a whirlwind. We had a busy day of Scouts on  Monday…

Tuesday I helped my dad, and got some groceries…

Wednesday we cleaned and packaged up the 50lbs of meat I bought…

Thursday we chilled at home, I wasn’t feeling that well…

Friday we had another busy day… Science with a friend, and a Birthday Party….

Yesterday we spent enjoying the beautiful weather!!!

In our homeschool this week…

We learned our normal grammar, spelling, math, and art..

History we are on China..

Science, we made a Anemometer (pic’s to come on our Homeschool blog here)

Geography we learned all about Alabama.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Take the things that you can, and make them fun… Don’t be the old boring teacher that just gives out the instructions. This makes it more engaging for both you and the child. Smile 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week… I’m not sure.

The weather is going to be BEAUTIFUL, so we will be busy I’m sure.

Probably a playdate or 2, our weekly science day… and maybe a hike, if I can get it planned!

My favorite thing this week was…

Yesterday.. My kids were so good, and we just had so much fun working together. It was wonderful!

What’s working/not working for us…

The weather… We are so excited it is getting better. That means our fun trips to do school outside at the park, or a cool field trip. We love the spring, summer, and fall to do school anywhere but inside!

Questions/thoughts I have…

Are their any of you out there that just pull together your own lessons all the time? Do you find it easier or harder than following a premade curriculum??

Things I’m working on…

We are getting ready to seal the basement, now that the weather is getting warmer, and put walls up. Can’t wait!

I’m reading…

The second book in a series I’m reading by Sheryl Woods. I just started reading hers, and like her!

I’m cooking…

Tonight is either going to be leftovers, or Chicken Taco’s. I haven’t really decided yet.

I’m grateful for…

The freedom I have to teach my kids the way I see fit, and that we can spend our days (while they may not always be the best days) together. To know that we love each other unconditionally. To learn from each other and grow to be a better person.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Family is the most important thing in the world.
Princess Diana

No comments: