Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother’s Journal:

 

 

 

image4_thumb

 

 

 

In my life this week…

We have been busy with lots of stuff…

Learned about Fast food nutrition at 4H…

visited my stepmom, and planted seeds in the greenhouse…

had a lazy day of games, and sundaes, during a snow storm..

had a play date, and visited with a friend….

In our homeschool this week…

This week, we started back to school after our 2 week vacation.

We learned math, spelling, grammar…

Finished up mummifying our chicken…

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Bring in the fun things.. helps learning be more hands on, and enjoyable.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week, we have Cub Scouts, might make another trip to see my stepmom, and we have our weekly history/science class with friends. Smile 

My favorite thing this week was…

Mummifying the chicken.. Yup, I’m weird. The kids thought it was so gross, and I thought it was pretty cool!

What’s working/not working for us…

Meeting with friends one day a week, to do some history and/or science. It gets the kids more involved, and its always more fun to have company right??!

Questions/thoughts I have…

This is going to be a great 10 wks. I think we are finally getting in the swing of things. Homeschooling is so much easier after the first year! LOL!

Things I’m working on…

We are working on a long states study.. I have mingled a few things together, so this may take us awhile to finish, but getting the postcards from each state is certainly keeping the fun in it!

I’m reading…

The next book in the Angels series of Debbie MaComber

I’m cooking…

We are having beef in gravy over mashed potatoes, with spinach today… YUM!

I’m grateful for…

Having great friends, that like to get together and do school stuff with us, and our amazing 4H group, and everyone else that helps me in anyway!


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

None today… I will be sure to get our chicken pictures up soon though!

No comments: