Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Homeschool Mothers Journal

 

 

 

image4_thumb

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…  it has been very crazy busy. Trying to prep for winter, enjoy time with my kids, get school done, and still keep my mind. Smile 

In our homeschool this week… We had a very successful first week back. Winking smile  I’m very happy with the way it went, and we had some great lessons with some new curriculum.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…  Walk away and come back later if something just doesn’t seem to be flowing well. Saves a lot of frustration.

I am inspired by…  All of the long time Homeschoolers that I flow on line, or have met through TOS Crew.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…  This week we are going on a field trip, hopefully having a playdate, and making some Applesauce with a friend.

My favorite thing this week was… Watching my son get so excited to learn Latin! He was super happy, and anxious to do more!

What’s working/not working for us…  Keeping our days to no more than 3 hrs. Then they don’t get to over stimulated.

Questions/thoughts I have…  Do you alternate subjects? Like we are doing Geography for the next 8 wks, and then we will switch back to History.

Things I’m working on… Getting 3 bushels of apples made into Applesauce, Apple Pie Filling, and Apple Jelly.

I’m reading…  The new Nicholas Sparks book, “Best of Me” that my hubby got me for our 10th Anniversary on Thursday!

I’m cooking…  Fish Chowder…. Love chowder in the fall

I’m grateful for…  My family and friends! They rock!

 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Helen Keller: Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement, nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a lot of apples! We're still working through our 1/2 bushel! Oldest wants to try making apple butter in the crockpot.

Alternate subjects? Yes! The kids have Language Arts and Math every day, but other subjects alternate through the week: History (2 days), Science (2 days) and Art, Music and Nature Studies (1 day) or field trip.