Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

image4_thumb





In my life this week…  we enjoyed our last week of vacation, before starting back in for another 8wks. We also had a field trip, do a few fun things, spent some time with some friends. Endured a traumatic situation…. Not to worry everyone is ok.

In our homeschool this week…  We went on a Field Trip to the Apple Orchard, and had a great trip. Had a celebration pizza party for 4H , and elected new officers. Monkey Man is our new president this year. (I think this will be good for him)

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… None today… I’m fresh out of good advice.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…  This week… Hmmm, we are going to not be going anywhere to special that I can think of anyway. We might have a playdate later this week. Trip to the library of course, that is a given!

My favorite thing this week was…  The trip to the Apple Orchard with the family and our homeschool group. Smile 

What’s working/not working for us…  Taking time off every 8 wks. Even though the last two weeks did not go as smoothly as I had hoped.. (due to non-stop rain) It was a good break for us all. I think that next time we will try to do another 2 weeks, but if that seems to long for them, we will cut it back to a week.  Does anyone else do something similar??

Questions/thoughts I have…  How do you get your kids to stop fighting??? I’m going nuts!

Things I’m working on…  A list of games, and treats we are making for Middle Monkey’s birthday party!

I’m reading…  The Last Hero

I’m cooking…  Chili, my mom’s choice. Its her choice, cause today is her birthday! We have a tradition that the birthday person gets to choose dinner!

I’m grateful for…  A loving family! They were much needed this week. Winking smile


I’m praying for…  know it all people, to get a clue and learn that things aren’t always so cut and dry, or what they seem!


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Just one side of the apples in the cooler at the orchard, can you imagine how many apples that is!!!

106_5519

No comments: