Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Thirteen:

3384830527_0eb9413ded_o

 

This week is the Letter “U”

1. Umbrella: I have never been a fan of using them really. I always thought they were more pain than good. However, living in FL during the summer, may change my mind on that.

2. Unicorn: I think is one of the most beautiful fantasy creatures. They are gorgeous….

3. Ugly Betty: Was an interesting name for a TV show don’t you think? I guess it got peoples attention. I do watch the show on occasion. I like it, but its not a must see for me.

4. Ugli Fruit: Why would you name a fruit that? Why would anyone want to eat something called that? Have you ever tried one? I’d like to sometime soon. The kids and I think its a silly name. Therefore, they must try it out!

5. Unicycle: Has anyone out there ever tried one? I have always found them to be interesting. I’m afraid, I couldn’t keep my balance and I would let it go over backwards. I do think it would be neat to learn how to ride one though.

6. U-turn: Why do most States make these illegal? Wouldn’t they rather you had a spot to use them instead of doing it in the middle of the road anyway??? I love that FL has U-turns often!

7. Ulcer: I’m not sure how I haven’t ended up with one over the years… I often wonder how one develops anyway… Don’t you think it would be cool if you could watch how these things make themselves, or how diseases come to be.. Then maybe we could save people from them!

8. Ultrasound: I love that technology was able to come up with an Ultrasound. Can you imagine living years ago, and not ever knowing what was happening to your baby, or how it was growing? Times have changed so much…sometimes its just amazing to realize how much!

9. Unable: Another word that I don’t allow my kids to use. I don’t like when they say they are unable to do something. I tell them they are always able if they put their minds to it, and if all else fails ask for help!

10. Upload: When I upload pictures, I put them in designated folders and then I go in right then and label each individual photo… Most people find I am crazy to do that..but this way I remember what is of, and why I took it. Plus when I burn them to cd, to give to anyone they know what the photos are for to! How do you organize all of your photo’s?

11. Upside –down Cake: I have experimented with a few different kinds… of these. None that I have made yet have ever come out that great. I love the concept… and think that it would be a great dessert. Anyone have a good recipe they would like to share??

12. Uranus: I think that is the strangest name for a planet! Why couldn’t they have come up with something a bit better.

13. Uniforms: You know at first I was against the idea of uniforms for the kids at school. But I have to say I have since changed my mind. I always agreed with the whole part where then kids all dress the same and no one is better than anyone else. But The other upside is it costs way less! My son wears his uniform all week, so his other clothes get less wear and tear… Plus you don’t have to buy as many clothes at the back to school time. Really not a bad idea!

Stay tune next week for the Letter “V”

Almost to the end of the alphabet, so if you have any suggestions for what you would like to see me do next, let me know!!!

No comments: