Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Donkey Kong Country DVD Review:

 

When I was a kid, and yes that was really a long time ago . . . I had the Donkey Kong game on the Nintendo. I loved it, but I could never conquer it. When I had kids of my own, I got it again for the DS. I still can’t get very far!

Recently I was given the opportunity to review the Donkey Kong Country Movie which is came out on DVD on August 20, 2013!!! Of course I had to check it out! I knew, my kids would just love it too.

 

 

 

What I got :

  • Donkey Kong Country DVD
  • 80’s Party Supplies

 

The party supplies were a pretty big hit with my girls! Little Monkey, loved the glasses!!

 IMG_20130828_133414_810

 

Little Monkey thought the fish net gloves were just “SO COOL”! Wouldn’t they be shocked to know that back in the 80’s they were super popular?!

 

IMG_20130828_133656_900

 

About Donkey Kong Country DVD:

 

The movie is based on the cartoon series, and the popular video game. I never saw the cartoon series when I was growing up.

 

The DVD includes four episodes and runs approximately 90 minutes. The four episodes are:

  • Bad Hair Day
  • Ape Foo Young
  • Booty and the Beast
  • Barrel, Barrel, Who’s Got the Barrel

It is an animated movie, that looks a lot like a video game. Which makes sense, so its not super high quality. All and all if you ever played the video game, I think you will relate to this movie more. It really reminded me a lot of it, and it had the same cute music.


Our Thoughts:

My Monkey’s really loved watching it, and they did a lot of laughing. We thought it was super cute. I was a bit thrown by the outfit Donkey Kong’s girlfriend is wearing, and the dancing she was doing, but the kids didn’t really notice I don’t think. I don’t remember if this was in the original video game or not.

All and all, we really had a fun 80’s night watching Donkey Kong Country!

 

You can get this DVD at most retail stores for $9.99!

 

You can find more information at Kaboom Entertainment!

 

 

 

*We received the Donkey Kong DVD & Party package from Phase4Flims in exchange for our honest review. All opinions are 100% mine or my monkey’s.

No comments: