Friday, August 9, 2013

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

 

HMJ SUMMER logo landscape

 

 

 

 

August 9th, 2013

 

 

  • In my life this week…

It has been a rough week
I have been not feeling well
We have had a lot of appointments this week

We prepped for the fair that started yesterday!
Set up 4H displays, and prepped junior division art work.


Spent some quality time with my Middle Monkey

Enjoyed time with my family!

 

  • In our homeschool this week…

This was our last week before we start up our next
6 weeks of school this next week.

I finished up curriculum plans, and we just tried to relax.

Have you started yet?

 

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Enjoy the small things.. Don’t let them pass you by!

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This next week we will be back on our school schedule,
and getting middle monkey back on her school schedule,
(her public school starts Aug 28th)

We will be going to the Fair tomorrow to see how we did on
our projects. And enjoy sometime as a family.

The kids have piano and voice lessons.

Doctor appts, library, and more play dates before the summer is over!

YOU?

 

  • My favorite thing this week was…

A stress free day with my kids, after a morning of OT with Middle Monkey
She really is making good progress!

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Playing at the playground!

 

  • Things I’m working on…

Finishing up some copying for school,
Doing some paperwork,
and cleaning up.

Instead of spring cleaning this year, I’m doing fall cleaning!

 

  • I’m cooking…

We are having Cabbage Rolls (for some of us)
and pizza casserole for the rest of us! 

 

  • I’m grateful for…

The progress my family has made this last week.
We still have so much more to overcome, but we can do it!

 

 

  • I rewarded my kids this week by…

We took them to lunch after setting up the 4H displays at the fair.
They deserved it after having to rewrite fair cards, after mom forgot the
the others at home.

Plus they were being rewarded for doing so good this year at the other fair!
Monkey Man got 6 first place ribbons,
Middle Monkey got 8 first place, and 1 second place,
and Little Monkey is still a cloverbud so she doesn’t place, but still did awesome!

 

  • Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

Some new bookcases, and paint colors!

 

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

    A sneak peak at one of Middle Monkey’s watercolors.

IMG_20130803_130042_235

No comments: