Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal:

 

 

HMJ SUMMER logo landscape

 

 

 

  • August 17, 2013


  • In my life this week…

We have been beyond crazy
when will it slow down?!

Had a fun day at the fair!

IMG_20130811_124417_259

 

IMG_20130811_193045_556

 

IMG_20130811_154126_475


This week we had lots of appointments,
Co-op meeting (but everything is in place for this year
so excited)

Afternoon at the Lake,
played at the playground,
went to lunch with my Monkey’s!

Did some freezer cooking. . .

And today I’m at a family reunion!

You?

 

 

  • In our homeschool this week…

We started back up this week after our 2 week vacation.
The kids have officially started their 7th week of school
for the new year!

 

The week was really successful!

Monkey Man really is doing good with his Life Pac math, and
America the Beautiful History! He seems to be enjoying his selections.

IMG_20130809_181655_034

 

Little Monkey is doing great with her subjects,
and really liking the extra Time4Learning computer supplement.

I’m eager to see how next week goes!

 

 

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Don’t be like me, and put off getting your Portfolio done,
I’m going to just squeak by this year. ::Sigh::

 

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week we have another really crazy week ahead!

Piano, Library, Doctor Appts,
Portfolio review, more appts, Parade, and
Birthday party this weekend.

 

 

  • My favorite thing this week was…

Going to the fair with my Monkey’s, and seeing how good they did.

Our 4H group placed 3rd on Educational Display, 3rd in People’s Choice,

and the kids got mostly 1st place ribbons.

In the Fair Exhibit Hall, I got 2nd place on a photo,
Monkey Man got a 2nd & 3rd place on two photo’s,
and Middle Monkey got 2- 2nd place, and a 3rd for three of her
watercolors. 

So very proud of them!

 

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Seeing the demolition derby at the fair.
They loved it, and we had so much fun!

 

 

  • Things I’m working on…

Finishing up some stuff for Girl Scouts,
getting some meetings prepped,
getting our calendar in order for the start of our crazy
year,
and still reorganizing!

 

 

  • I’m cooking…

Nothing tonight, we are going to a family reunion.
We will be stuffed from all the goodies!

 

 

 

  • I’m grateful for…

The amazing things we have coming up this year!

 

 

  • I rewarded my kids this week by…

By taking them on a picnic, and swimming at a local
Lake, with friends.

 

 

  • Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

Oh my! I just got to look at an IKEA catalog
this week, and I found so many awesome things I would
love to have!

 

 

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

    Ready for the 4H parade!

IMG_20130811_104706_201

No comments: