Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Homeschooling Mother’s Journal:

 

HMJ SUMMER logo landscape

 

 

August 24, 2013

 

  • In my life this week…

    Wow, where to even begin!
    It was crazy!
    Lots of doctor appts,
    shopping, time at the lake,
    IMG_20130817_120759_518

    kayaking,
    100_7545

    birthday party,
    parade, and fireworks!

     
  • In our homeschool this week…

    The kids are doing really well.
    We have finished our 8th week, and
    really not much complaining at all.
    I’m shocked!

    Monkey Man has been working hard on his
    subjects, and looking forward to Co-op starting
    in another week.

    Little Monkey is doing great, although
    we haven’t added all of her subjects in yet.
    I’m still working on history for her, and she is
    waiting for Co-op to start as well.
    She is really enjoying Time4Learning
    (Look for a review on that this week)!

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Don’t be afraid to ask for advice, or help.
This week I reached out to the lady who does
our Portfolio Reviews, and she gave me some
great ideas!

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This next week, we have a few more doctor appts. . .
Middle Monkey has Voice Lessons . . .
Middle Monkey starts back to Public School . . .
Hope to do a “Not back to school “ day with my kids!

  • My favorite thing this week was…

Kayaking with the family! We had a blast! So much fun!

100_7560

100_7567

 

 

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

A combination of parade, birthday party, and Fireworks I believe!

 

 

  • Things I’m working on…

paperwork, plans for Girl Scouts, and reorganizing!

 

  • I’m cooking…

We are having a BBQ at a friends house tonight!

 

  • I’m grateful for…

A wonderful summer, but sad to see it come to an end.
Fall is my favorite season, so I look forward to that now!

 

 

 

  • I rewarded my kids this week by…

Ice Cream, and Fireworks!

  • Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

    I want to get one of these but in a less girly color
    for my Monkey Man.

IMG_20130815_104534_821

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

    The bear we saw at the fair!         

100_7505

No comments: