Monday, August 19, 2013

A day in the life of the 3 Crazy Monkey’s:

 

 

Our days are just that very crazy! Most typical days for us start pretty early. . .

 

I’m one of those mean moms that make my kids get up by 7:30am! Why?! Well, if I didn’t they would sleep till noon, and my whole day would be wasted! I like to get up and get moving. I want to finish what we need to get done, so we can have fun. Don’t you?

 

So, our days start around 7:30am for two of my kids. My day on the other hand starts far earlier, at like 5:30am. I get up, and take my hubby to work, and then come back to get my Middle Monkey ready for school. I take her to school, chat with her teachers, and head back home. (So, you all don’t think I’m some crazy mom, my sleeping kids are with my mom!)

After everyone is dropped off where they belong, I wake the other two up and get them moving. Our morning routine is:

  • Take shower/ Get dressed
  • Eat Breakfast
  • Do Chores
  • Start School

 

If they get right to their work, and don’t argue, or procrastinate we are usually done school by 11-11:30am. At that time we break for lunch. If they have any labs, art, or experiments to do, we do them after lunch.

 

The kids then get to play for a couple hours, or run around outside. Unless we have afternoon commitments like, piano, or 4H. By the time these are done, we have to go pick up Middle Monkey from school.

After we get back from that, I feed them a snack. (As you know kids are always hungry!) I help Middle Monkey with her homework, and we prep for any night activities we do, like Boy Scouts, Dance, Taekwondo, etc. If we don’t have anything, I am usually leaving at this point to go pick up hubby.

Then its time to make dinner, and the kids to wind down from the day. They are all in Pj’s with teeth brushed by 7pm. Sometimes they watch a short cartoon, or they go in their room to read for a half hour. Really depends on their attitudes most nights. Lights out is no later than 8:30pm.

 

Then I finally get my quiet time, to work on my blog, watch TV, read, or prep the next days lessons.

 

What is your typical day like?

No comments: