Friday, November 2, 2012

Listerine Smart Rinse Oral Care #SweetSmart Challenge Follow up:

 

 

Can you believe it has been 3 weeks already?! Wow, where did the time go this month? We have finished our three week challenge for Listerine Smart Rinse Oral Care. If you don’t remember what we discussed the first time, you can find my post here.

 

Upon starting this challenge we received some products from Listerine…..

 

DSC_0014

 

 

I won’t lie, even as excited as they were with the products we received they still had trouble getting into the swing of things. My youngest was a bit more diligent about it since she just had to get her first fillings. Sad smile 

 

photo

 

Sage Floss

 

 

After a few days of hounding them, and reminding them to look at our chart. They started to remember on their own. Then it began to be a bit more of a routine. They really enjoyed listening to music while brushing so they knew how much longer they had to go. (I never thought of that before) Monkey Man also saw an improvement with his gums not hurting or bleeding when he brushed. When I told him it was because he was brushing more, and they are cleaner… he said he would try harder to keep up. Since he didn’t like the feeling of sore and bleeding gums.

 

Chart

 

 

Halloween wasn’t really an issue for us, since we don’t go trick or treating. I like to keep that much sugar right out of the house. They did have a few sweet treats a couple days before for Middle Monkey’s Birthday party, and they were great about making sure to brush as soon as we got back, to get the sugar bugs off! LOL!

 

My kids are getting better, but like anything it is a work in progress. I usually try to remind them when I’m going to brush my teeth too. Besides what better way to teach, than lead by example. Night time is the easiest for them, because they know it is part of their bedtime routine. Morning seems to be the toughest for them to remember. I have even had them ask to brush their teeth a few times after lunch. Of course I say “SURE”! You want to add in some extra brushing who am I to stop you!  Another thing they found fun, was a bit of a game they played themselves. One of the great effective tools of Listerine Smart Rinse is that when you use it and spit it out if there is any more particles of food in your mouth, it latches on and becomes a darker color. So, my monkeys decided to make it a challenge each time they brushed to do so good, they didn’t have any! (Whatever works right?)

 

 

Remember brushing alone does not clean your whole mouth. It actually misses 75% of your mouth. You need to brush, floss, and rinse with mouthwash.

 

 

 

*Disclaimer: I received products from Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. and the Motherhood as part of my participation in the Listerine Smart Rinse Sweet Smart Challenge. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine or my monkey’s.

 

 

No comments: