Thursday, March 10, 2011

SpellQuizzer Review

image

Do your kids struggle with Spelling?? Or are they bored of just your everyday spelling worksheets, sentences, etc. Mine are good with spelling and really have no issues, but get bored with the same weekly worksheets, and sentences. I was getting frustrated looking for ways to make it more exciting. Therefore, I was excited when I was offered this review.

image

SpellQuizzer is a spelling software put out by Tedco. Software. It is designed with lots of great features. The best part its not designed for just one spelling program, you can adapt it to any one your using.
One of my favorite features was that you can import, or add any spelling list you want. That way you can pick and choose, or make your own. Plus they have some spelling list you can download already. Like one we will be using next week is the “Saint Patrick’s Day” spelling list. As well as the “Dolch Primer Words” list, which I am using for my Kindergartener.

image

This spelling program has built in spellchecker for that recognizes both US & UK English spellings. Another really cool feature is that you can do sound recordings with your word lists. So you can make these as fun as you want, by doing different voices. What is more entertaining?
We have been using this program for about a month, and we have really enjoyed it. My son no longer complains about having to do spelling. My daughter giggles at my sound recordings, and puts more time into it. Their scores are still about the same, but we have more fun doing it.
For me, I love seeing that my kids have fun with this program, and that they are more engaged in doing their spelling. It a pretty easy self explanatory program, and if you do have any issues, the help section is great! As well as the really good video demonstration you can watch to help you. Another big plus is that they have an online community that you can post in for any questions you have, or if you are looking for lists and need help finding them.
You can buy this great price for a spelling program for $29.95 which is a great price for not listening to any whining. There is also a free 30 day trial if you want to try it out! Smile 
Look for SpellQuizzer on Facebook and Twitter for updates and much, much more!
*This is a MamaBuzz review. The product was provided by: Tedco Software. All opinions are 100% mine and my monkeys!

No comments: