Sunday, December 27, 2009

How much Cereal do you eat??

gm_logo

Here in our house we eat a ton of cereal! My kids eat an average of two bowls almost every morning. Then some of us adults will poor a bowl for a afternoon, or evening snack. In a month we can easily go through about 10-15 boxes… Can I tell you how expensive that can be?? So, I always make it a point to stock up on the coupons for when I can find my B1G1 Free deals. Yup, I hate paying full price for a box of cereal…. it can be anywhere from $3-$6 now isn’t that NUTS!!!! Absurd I say!

I know your all looking at this with your eyes bugging out…How can I let my kids eat so much sugar coated cereal?? Well, calm down…. I don’t allow much sugar cereal in my house. My kids favorites include Cheerio's (regular and Honey nut), Corn Flakes, Kix’s, and Frosted Shredded wheat. I usually let them each pick one sugary cereal out a month for their treat.

With that being said, I was very excited to hear that General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving. Then increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and Vitamin D, and providing some whole grain!

Some quick facts from General Mills:

  • Ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, cholesterol, and more fiber than non-cereal eaters?? While also getting more important vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children’s diets.
  • Ready-to-eat cereal is the #1 source of whole grains in a child’s diet today.
  • More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index Measures.
  • Plus children perform better at school after having breakfast! Then children who skip.

If you would like to see more information about kids and cereal, you can visit Cereal Health and Wellness.

General Mills Cereal would like to offer everyone a $1 off Coupon for one of four General Mills Cereals which you can get HERE.

*This information, and product where given to me by General Mills through Blogspark. Thank you General Mills and My Blog Spark!!!

Hi-Res_MBS_Final_LOGO

No comments: