Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal:

 

 

HMJ SUMMER logo landscape

 

June 22nd

 

  • In my life this week…

We have been super busy…
Middle Monkey finished school…
We said goodbye to someone in our Service Unit…
The kids and I spent some quality time at the park…
Planted our garden finally!!!
went on our first Field Trip of the new year…
and enjoyed a birthday party!

 

 

  • In our homeschool this week…

We started our new year..

Not sure if the kids are liking it or not

Little Monkey is deep in grammar/phonics this year, Math, and Earth Science right now

Monkey Man is in 6th, so I did a lot of tweaking to his schedule….
I anticipate lots of arguing this year, hope I’m wrong…
He has a few things of grammar, Pre-Algebra, Earth Science, and Poetry
along with whatever else comes our way. Plus he is doing a Book Club with the library for the summer.

 

We took our first Field Trip of the year… (look for more on that this week)

 

 

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

If you school all year round, be sure to include some fun things in there..
We do fun Fridays, were we do lots of hands on learning, or Field Trips!

 

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week, we have a few appts,
going to see Monsters University, Monkey man has Book Club,
Library Summer Program, Girl Scout Day Camp (1 day), and then
we have an engagement party on the weekend.

 

 

  • My favorite thing this week was…

A trip down memory lane on the coast

 

 

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Our Field Trip to the coast!

 

 

  • Things I’m working on…

Getting some posts done,
mowing the lawn,
and making summer plans.

  • I’m cooking…

Shrimp Linguine

 

  • I’m grateful for…

The time I get so spend with my family, the memories we
make, and the wonderful times we have!

 

 

  • I rewarded my kids this week by…

taking them out to dinner last night and ice cream.
They were so well behaved yesterday…

 

  • Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

A new tent… but still doing some research

 

 

    • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

      Daddy and the Monkey’s on Father’s Day

Andy & Kids2 edited

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Cute Father's Day picture! We homeschool year-round but are taking July off. We saw Monsters University this weekend and I thought it was great.