Monday, May 27, 2013

My Birthday Weekend..

 

Gasp. . . 

 

I hate to admit it, but I turned 34 this past weekend.

 

Usually my birthday results in crazy acting out kids, or extremely sick kids, or myself. This year, a miracle happened! My birthday weekend was amazing!

I have always really enjoyed having my birthday on Memorial weekend, cause first of all, when I was a kid that meant the day off. Then as I got older we would always have been cook outs with the family.

However, in the last few years, we have not really done anything. So I was happy to have a change of pace this year.

 

My weekend started with Saturday. . . my kids and hubby took me out to breakfast.

 

IMG_20130525_120759_342

 

IMG_20130525_120854_339

 

 

Yum!

 

Then we went to see the movie Epic! That was really good I have to say! Really great day all around.

 

Sunday, hubby had to work, so the kids and I watched a bunch of movies. It was a rainy day anyway. After hubby got out of work, we went to a friends house. Where a bunch of my friends got together and we had a wonderful time. The kids played outside till 10:30pm! It was great!

 


Then on my birthday Monday. . . Monkey Man and Monkey Dad walked in the local Memorial Day Parade. So I met up with a friend again and the girls and I watched the parade with them. The girls got all festive and off we went.

 

DSC_0137

 

DSC_0139

 

DSC_0147

 

After the parade, we dropped the kids off at home with my mom. While hubby took me to the movies to see the newest Fast & the Furious! I LOVE those movies, so that was awesome! I have been counting down the days till it was out. What a great movie, and I can’t wait to watch it again. After the movie we headed back home, where my mom and monkey man had made me an awesome birthday dinner of the Pioneer Woman’s Pulled Pork, and Au Gratin Potatoes. It was super delish!

We played a rousing game of Skip-Bo, and then had a wonderful slice of yummy chocolate cake with peanut butter cake! YUMMY!

 

I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday! It was simply amazing! Especially with my 70 Happy Birthday messages on Facebook! How could it have been any better?!

 

How was your weekend?

No comments: