Tuesday, February 5, 2013

20 Mule Team Borax Review

 

IMAG1130

 

I have to let you in on a little secret… Shhh… Borax is one of the most versatile cleaning agents ever!!!

What is Borax? Well that is a great question. It is 100% natural mineral from the earth. Once it has been removed from the ground, they wash, dry and box it up for consumers! It is naturally produced by evaporation of seasonal lakes. Isn’t that cool?!

 

So, I’m sure your all thinking great, but what can I do with Borax? Well the possibilities are endless! Here are some things that it is used for most commonly..

 

What do I use Borax for? In our house we go through a few boxes of borax a month. We use it to make our own homemade laundry detergent (I’ll leave the recipe at the bottom), to help remove stains,  and to clean. About 2 years ago I discovered how useful this stuff could be!

You can make Liquid Magic Cleaner with it..

  • 2 Tbs Borax
  • 12 oz of Hot water
  • 12 oz of White Vinegar
  • A few drops of your favorite scented oil (if you want a smell)
  • and a Spray Bottle

Once all ingredients are dissolved you can shake it up and start cleaning!

 

 

 

 

IMAG1131

 

My favorite use for it is Laundry Detergent… Here is the recipe I use which I found HERE:

  • 1- 4lb 12oz Box of Borax
  • 1- 4lb box Baking Soda
  • 1- Box Super Washing Soda (you can find this in the detergent isle)
  • 3- Bars of Fels-Naptha Soap Shredded ( also can be found in the detergent isle)
  • 2 small containers of Oxy Clean (optional)
  • Purex Crystals (also optional, but helps soften and give your clothes a nice smell)

This is not going to smell like your average detergent and you won’t see lots of suds when you turn on your machine, but it works great! Even works great in cold water. Plus it is so much cheaper!

You combine all this ingredients together in a big bucket, and your ready to go..  When you put in your laundry, just add 1-2Tbs of the mixture depending on how dirty your clothes are.

 

You can also use Borax to make your own dishwasher tabs..  Like I said the uses are endless!

 

If can find 20 Mule Team Borax on Facebook and Pinterest.

 

 

 

*Disclaimer: Borax was provided a free sample of their product, so I could review them. My participation is voluntary and my opinions, as always, are my own.

 

 

 

 

No comments: