Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal…

 

 

 

 

 

  • In my life this week…

A very interesting week…

We have been super busy..

Enjoyed a snow day..

 

 

  • In our homeschool this week…

We did our normal Math, Grammar, Writing,

and History..

Started our new Anatomy Science book from

Apologia.. (there will be a review soon)

Co-op was cancelled due to the snow storm..

Middle Monkey started two classes at Public School..

She will now be taking Music & Art…

Monkey Man & Little Monkey had piano lessons…

 

 

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Don’t be afraid to try new things..

I was super nervous about Middle Monkey taking

classes at the Public School, but she

loved it!

 

 

  • I am inspired by…

Blogs I read..

I haven’t been reading them as much as I’d like

but I really want to get back to a few of the ones I love!

 

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This next week we will be super busy again!

Girl Scouts, Dance, Library, Co-op,

Middle Monkey has her two classes,

and 4H…

 

 

  • My favorite thing this week was…

Seeing Middle Monkey’s face when

she got home from her Music class!

They are teaching them the

Recorder.. and she already has

“Hot Cross Buns” down!

 

 

  • What’s working/not working for us…

Alternating 4H and piano lessons.

We do them on the opposite Friday this year, and it

has worked so much better. I don’t feel so rushed, or

busy on a couple days a week.

 

 

  • Questions/thoughts I have…

When do you start planning your new years curriculum?

 

 

  • Things I’m working on…

Reading some books, and

our next semesters plans.

This is our last semester!

I can’t believe we have almost done

our 175 days!!! We will put in an extra

month of review.. and then we are going to

take a bit of time off, before starting our new Year!!!

 

 

  • I’m reading…

Finishing the book City of Women!

 

  • I’m cooking…

A stuffed green pepper casserole, minus the rice.. to cut the carbs!

I can’t wait to eat it!

 

 

  • I’m grateful for…

How well things seem to be going lately..

My stress has come down a notch..

 

 

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

 

“No one has ever become poor from giving" – Anne Frank

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, when does your new year start? March? April? On Tuesday we will reach 87 days, half-way! LOL Our year usually goes from early September - mid-May. We might end in June this year as we're taking a week off every 7 weeks (about).

I'm already thinking about NEXT YEAR! LOL And I have 8 months! But I think I have MOST of it already thought out and on the shelves.

Oh, and when are you NOT busy? LOL You're definitely a family-on-the-go!