Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal:

 

 

 

 

 

  • In my life this week…

Phew..

We made it, but it was a challenge at times.

We had a few appointments…

survived some serious cold weather!!! BRR!

Enjoyed time together..

Deep cleaned some bedrooms.. now to start one room at a time

and paint them. (Little Monkey’s is up first, stay tuned)

 

 

  • In our homeschool this week…

We started back to school.. after having a really LONG break.

It was hard to get back in the swing of things, but we managed.

I think the Monkey’s did better than me. (LOL)

This week we worked on some History, Math, English, and

did some reading..

We are anxious to start back up on our TOS Reviews.. (look for some soon)

Overall it was a good week for school. I hope that the

rest of the next few weeks go that smoothly.

If you would like to see more, visit our Homeschool Blog HERE

 

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Being the New Year, we all are trying to get better with organization.

Its just naturally wired into us, I think?!

My best advice today is to say.. Schedules are important.

Although, not easy to stick to. Do your best, and remember

staying flexible also plays a huge key in being homeschooled.

 

 

  • I am inspired by…

Amazing bloggers, that I have never met..

They are a great inspiration when you are struggling sometimes.

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Starting Monday we are back in full swing!

Our schedules get crazy again..

Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Library, Co-op, 4H, and Piano Lessons!

 

  • My favorite thing this week was…

Watching my kids get right back to there work, with

rather minimal complaining!

 

  • What’s working/not working for us…

Like I mentioned up above, schedules play a huge part in our lives..

So we have reviewed ours for the upcoming months.

Made sure everything we were doing was something we truly wanted to do..

(except those pesky appointments you can’t get rid of)

And decided which days to put our heaviest work load on, so we

wouldn’t be to stressed out!

 

  • Questions/thoughts I have…

I’m on the look for 6th grade curriculum.. Any suggestions?

(I can’t believe its that time of year again)

 

 

  • Things I’m working on…

I have been working on my master Household Binder..

Which is all done.. I will try to do a post on it soon.

 

 

  • I’m reading…

A new series I found by Robyn Carr called Virgin River..

I finished the first book yesterday.

I thought it was good..

Going to read the next book later today..

 

 

  • I’m cooking…

It was suppose to be Teriyaki Chicken, but we decided

the leftovers needed to go.

So we will move it to tomorrow.

 

 

  • I’m grateful for…

my life.. as crazy as it may be at times, its mine..

 

 

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

In light of everything that has happened over the last month..

This Quote sums it…

 

You will never

have this day

with your children again.


Today is a gift.

Breathe and Notice.

Study their little faces and feet.

Relish the charms of the present.

 

Enjoy Today Mama,

it will be gone before you

know it.

-Jan Hatmaker

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice changes! Love the Monkey photos on the side! Monkey mugs! LOL

6th grade? I would be lying if I said that I haven't thought about 6th grade for my girl for fall 2013. LOL So far: Easy Grammar 6 with Daily Grams 6, How to Teach the Paragraph and Essay (old review), Sequential Spelling or Spelling Power, Literature Studies (with Glencoe), Saxon 76, Prentice Hall Life Science with notebooking, and SOTW 2/3 with notebooking. I'll look forward to what you decide to help be finalize! LOL

Becca {ironic adventures} said...

Cute monkeys! :-) It's cold here too and snowing like crazy. Hopefully all this "fun" weather doesn't ruin our plan for school today. :-) That's the one thing about homeschooling - no real "snow days." haha :-)