Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

 

image6

 

 

 

 

 

In my life this week…

 

Wow, what a busy week we had..

4H, where we got to blow up soda bottles..(does it really get any better than that?

 

We were suppose to have Girl Scouts, but my Co-leader was sick.. so we didn’t go. Instead we had a picnic at the park, and I took some photo’s of 2 of the monkeys!

 

106_6378

 

We had 3 doctors appointments this week that kept us on the go..

Visited with family a couple of times. (some of which I hadn’t seen in 10 yrs!!)

Despite the busy week, we had a great time!

 

 

In our homeschool this week…

 

This was our first week of our new school year! I can’t believe we have been homeschooling for going on 3 years! It has been a hairy ride at times, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.

I haven’t started our new year up yet, but will be getting to that soon.. You can see some of the highlights from last year here at our school blog.

 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

I’m hoping to have some exciting things to share… We are hoping to go to a State Park, we are going to be in a parade…

 

My favorite thing this week was…

Spending time with family that I haven’t seen in a long time.

 

What’s working/not working for us…

We are loving doing a co-op with another family for Science!

 

 

Questions/thoughts I have…

I just wante d to spill my news! I have been working on a project for a few months. Now that I have been homeschooling my kids for a couple of yrs, I really am disappointed that there is not as many opportunities to find used curriculum for us up here in the sticks! Smile So, my brain started working, and I tossed a few ideas around with some friends. Then I got my break!  I am starting a Used Bookstore/ Used Curriculum Store! I’m super excited, but hope that it can survive. Its going to take some creative thinking on my part I think, but I am willing to try! So, I’m always on the look out for some great book, or curriculum deals. If you have anything you want to get rid of, whether you just let me know and I can see if I can afford it or not.. Or if you just don’t want to deal with it, and would like to donate them… Please send me an email! I’ll keep you posted on how things go!

 

 

Things I’m working on…

Lesson Plans, Summer Plans, Plans for my store, and some fun in-between!

 

Books I’m reading…

I’m reading a new author Janet Evanovich and her book One for the Money.. (which I loved the recent movie about)


 

 

No comments: