Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal:

 

 

 

image4_thumb_thumb

 

 

In my life this week…

Has been a bit nuts!

We had 4H…

A picnic…

appointments..

went to a play…

had a visit with a friend…

science class…

a trip to the greenhouse (my dads) ..

and to finish off the week a birthday party!

In our homeschool this week…

We worked on the norm… English, Math, History, and Science.

We saw a play called “Skippy John Jones”. It was so CUTE!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Embrace your field trips.. Make them a day trip. If its in the middle of the day, pack a lunch, maybe stop at a local park, or playground. Make them fun.. and enjoy!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week we are doing Pottery in 4H…

more appointments…

a geography class..

and lots of stuff in between…

and daddy leaves for Boy Scout training for the weekend.

My favorite thing this week was…

By far the play.. it was just so darn cute, and funny!

IMAG0607

 

What’s working/not working for us…

Having fun!

Questions/thoughts I have…

What fun things do you have planned for the summer? Anything special?

Things I’m working on…

Getting our curriculum ready for next year… trying to decide if I want to switch anything.

I’m reading…

Starting on my last book in the Chesapeake Bay Series..by Sherryl Woods.

I’m cooking…

Not sure what we are going to have tonight.. maybe pancakes! Smile 

I’m grateful for…

Great friends… they have a great way of making you feel better even when you don’t know you need it.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Another one from our play we saw…

IMAG0611

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely make a day of it for field trips! Even with just short classes somewhere, I try to find other places - state parks, playgrounds, hiking trails, museums, etc - to visit while in the area. And we always pack up a lunch!

No, big plans this summer, but the kids have some camps and we'll have the garden, swimming, parks, hiking, summer library reading program...and hopefully some LAZY days! LOL