Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!


Happy 4th everyone! I hope that you all enjoyed your day. Due to the high cost of gas... we decided to not go to any parade's or fireworks. Instead we decided to go about 2 miles from home to my grandmother's house. She live right on the lake.... oh it is so nice! So, we asked her if it was ok to use the water, and invited up a few friends to join us. We started the morning out, with going up to watch the boat parade.... (in all the years we have lived here, we have never actually watched it) There was probably about 15 boats in it. With all the rain we have had, the lake was actually very high for the first time in years. I was shocked! It was really nice though... For the lake water it was so nice, and not as cold as usually either. After we watched the boat parade, we made a quick trip to the market, and got a few needed items. Then we headed back to the lake. Adawna, Aaron, Essey & Hailey joined us... and also Amanda, Eric, Autumn and Isaac..... We all had a really good time in the lake. The water was beautiful, so we had a good time swimming. The kids loved the floats. (thanks to the dollar tree) We had a really nice BBQ...... and then it was time to hit the water again. The water was really just so nice, we lived in it for most of the day. :) Hunter got some new goggles to swim under water with, and he just looked so cute in them. Unfortunetly, my camera is acting up


so I don't have the pictures of Essey & Hailey that I took. My camera decides when it wants to delete stuff on me now! UGH!




I'm very sad as I got a lot of really cute ones of them, and some of my own kids that I really liked. But I hope you enjoy the ones I have atleast. Here you will see Rachel, showing off her pretty smile again. She was cold, and had to put on her sweatshirt! And here is Autumn waiting to try and catch a fish. By the end of the day all the kids got to catch a fish. Rachel was so excited she almost dropped the pole in the water. Hunter just wanted to see what the fish looked like. Isaac and Autumn are old pro's at this, but had a huge smile on their face when they caught one. Sage didn't get to catch a fish, cause she was so tired from the days adventures she fell asleep in my chair, watching the other kids play. Isn't she just so cute! It was funny to watch her fall asleep. Here is Isaac trying to show me how to catch a fishy! Lets see what did I miss from our day..... Oh, Eric holding one of the fish the kids caught. Eric also took me out in the Kayak, thank goodness no one got pictures of that... cause I couldn't even seem to steer the thing in the right direction, I had us going in circles. A few people on the lake were laughing at me... Atleast I know I bring joy to others right??? :) The next picture I'm going to put up is of Andy, he was trying to get a fire going... The kids were dying to cook smore's. They just really needed that sugar you know.





Of course it was not a complete day without Lily, she spent the day at the lake with us too.. She tried out the water a few times, found it was not to her liking.. I guess... and we couldn't get her to go back in again. Even tried to throw her a stick to fetch! Silly dog! She was a very good girl though, and didn't bark hardly at all, and enjoyed hanging out at the lake with the family.

Doesn't she look like she was relaxing by the water! LOL... I think the only other person I am missing from this blog, is Amanda... Don't worry I didn't forget you... We had a good time, and lots of laughs. Hope that we can do it again soon. Well that brings us to the end of my blog. After a really nice relaxing day at the lake, we had smore's, and did sparklers. The kids had a great time, and so did the adults! I hope that you all had a good 4th as well!

I know we did. Have a great summer everyone~~~

1 comment:

Stinson Family said...

You all look like you had a great time. I had never heard of the boat parade, that is neat. Abby and I went to a parade that my friends children were in. It was soo hot that we only stayed until they walked by.