Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Homeschooling Mother’s Journal:

 

 

 

 

 

  • In my life this week…

We worked on getting some thing caught up..

Got into a new schedule..

Cleaned out a few closets…

Enjoyed each others company..

 

 

  • In our homeschool this week…

We did really good…

Stayed on task, and got all our work done..

Little Monkey is loving the English from Here

Monkey man is doing great with his work..

His Creative writing is coming along nicely..


Anatomy is going well, and we are finishing up Botany..

Went to Co-op..

4H was canceled this week, due to the snow storm we had..

Over all a great week!

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Don’t get discouraged when you can’t find the right

Curriculum.. It takes time to find what is going to work for you.
This is our 3rd year, and I’m still finding out!

  • I am inspired by…

Encouraging words from people around the web..
I love to hear that I’m not the only one that struggles
occasionally. Cause some days it certainly feels that way.

 

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week…

We are going to go to Dance, and Cub Scouts…

I need to sneak in a trip to Portland…

trip to the library..

Co-op…

and piano…

 

 

  • My favorite thing this week was…

Seeing my kids so eager to learn about Anatomy!

And to see that Middle Monkey is doing pretty

good at school.

 

  • What’s working/not working for us…

getting up and moving first thing in the morning..
I have to get up to get Middle Monkey off to school..
so, I get the other two up, and we start our day..

That way school is out of the way by noon…
and we can enjoy the rest of our day.

 

  • Questions/thoughts I have…

What do you use for Math?
I need to find a new math program for Monkey Man..

 

 

  • Things I’m working on…

We are trying to get rooms painted..
Little Monkey’s room is almost finished being
mudded, and then it will be time to paint!

 

 

  • I’m reading….

    Nothing at the moment.. Waiting for the next book
    in my series to come back to the library.

     
  • I’m cooking…

    Not sure.. Need to work on my Menu for this week.. (Sigh)

  • I’m grateful for…

All my great friends that stand by me when I need it!


  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
    Can you believe this face is going to be 8, in a week?
    Where has the time gone??!


    Little Monkey2

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now normally I'm all about Saxon Math. ::smile:: My 2 oldest do very well with it...but my youngest not so much. Horizons didn't work either or MEP (on-line). So, I just got Math-U-See in the mail and we'll see how that goes. Something needs to click!

Oh, and my youngest is using Word Builder from Easy Peasy English. It's a simple way for him to work on his reading with some phonics rules and practice some informal spelling. He's 2/3s through 1st grade. (He's in 2nd, but I thought I would just start him at the beginning.)

Happy 8th! I've got an 8 coming up on Wednesday!

dmauton said...

I tell you its so easy to get discouraged when you homeschool. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

I stopped by to let you know that I have awarded you the Liebster award. The info is over at my blog: http://diannaauton.com/2013/02/i-got-an-award/